Thursday, May 26, 2011

One Week Later....

The pool is such a lovely color and clear and sparkling - so inviting! I just want to jump in every time I see it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start doing yardwork in a swimsuit so I can just jump in when it's too hot.
The PB's guy, Jeff, has been stopping by to check the pool chemistry and add stuff. We can't start up the salt chlorinator for another week, and then I think they're going to give me a lesson on how to maintain the pool and hand it over.
We got a couple of bids for hooking up the gas heater, which is going to require coordinating with TECO to upgrade the meter to 2psig and then a reducing regulator for the line into the house. That'll hopefully get done next week.


The week we first started up the pool was relatively cool, with temps in the mid-80's, low humidity and cooler evenings. So, at 84 degrees, the water was a bit chilly for sunset swims (see picture of chilly kid).
But after a hot weekend, the pool has warmed up to 87 degrees which is just about perfect, especially in the evenings. The other night my nearly-16-year-old went out for a dip and swam some pretty good laps - need to get out there and take a real measurement. I did a few breast-stroke laps last night (no goggles handy) and it was wonderful. Definitely did not feel too short across that diagonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment