Monday, May 16, 2011

More Electrical....

Late Friday afternoon, after the PebbleTec guys were gone, I called around because ground water was coming in the deep end. I was reassured that someone would be back later to set up the pump again (didn't happen). I was told that the PebbleTec needed to be dry for 4 hours before the guy could acid-wash (apparently not the case). Not sure what was going to happen. When we left Saturday morning, we expected that upon return, the acid-wash guy would be done and the pool would be filling, as scheduled, but the forecast isn't promising.
When we got back home, just after a big storm passed through, the pool wasn't much different than when we left. Somebody had come along and put a sump pump in one of the drains to get the ground water out of the deep end, but it wasn't running.
The electrician had spent several hours doing more of his stuff, including installation of the discussed GFI outlet, into which the sump pump was plugged (see orange cord in the picture). And the GFI was popped, which is why the pump wasn't running. So I reset it. And later when I checked it, it had popped again.


Fortunately, it was still running Sunday morning - I just think the extension cords needed to dry out. It was the LOUDEST pump of them all. Ugh.

I should mention that there is also a small defect near the deep end outlet. The acid-wash guy will fix it when he comes out, which is looking like Monday now. Apparently he didn't come out because of the forecast rain with the front passing through.

Anyhow, the electrician finished up his work. He had to put an extra junction box in to run the power over to the left side of the equipment. (He had originally run the wires from the pool up to the right side of the pad, but then they put the heater there and he had to re-work his plan, which is not exactly the prettiest solution, but not too bad.) Also, we have a white Goldline box mounted near the power box. I think it controls the salt chlorinator, but I'm not completely sure. This picture looks like a mess, but it's not so bad looking until you angle yourself like this behind everything.

The switches have been installed on the lanai. They're a lot more industrial than I though they would be, but I suppose that's what an outdoor switch is supposed to look like. I think the left one controls the pool and spa lights, and the right one controls the spa. I don't know if that means the spa heater or the spa pumps or both. I do know that all the lights are hooked up to the same transformer, so we won't be able to turn on the pool and spa lights separately. It has something to do with the LED circuitry and the disco patterns being sequenced properly. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment