Thursday, May 19, 2011

First Swim...Night Lights

On Tuesday, after the pool was full, I tried out the pool lights. There's a simple on/off switch on the lanai, so I don't know how we're supposed to control the disco light programs. The first time I switched it on, it changed from blue to purple after a minute, but stayed purple. From that time on, I've only gotten it to be blue, which is fine, but I figure one of these days I'm going to have to figure out the whole program. The picture above is a hand-held photo from the first night.

Meanwhile, on that first night we managed to find a few minutes to jump into the pool just before bedtime and check everything out. I thought the temperature was nice, but it was a bit too cold for my husband - I figure it was probably in the high 70's.

I swam around and checked out all the benches and steps and wanted to see if the height of the spa seat was good. I had dropped it from the standard 18" to 21" and it's perfect. Then I "slurped" over the spillway into the pool and it was just so refreshing. Until I got out and the night temperature was only about 74 and dropping quickly.


The rest of the pictures were taken Wednesday night, after the chemicals had been added and the pumps all started up. Obviously the spa jets were on full blast, but we can't get in until Thursday evening so the chemicals have time to disperse. It's forecast to warm up starting Thursday through the weekend - perfect swimming weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment