Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ready for the Shotcrete

1/2 day of work today (Tuesday), finishing up the rebar and other fixtures, such as the lights. The guys wanted them to shoot today, but the Pool Builder (PB) knew that the concrete guys would want a full day to shoot five trucks of shotcrete (FIVE!?!) After the cave-in issues, I'm more glad than ever that we're getting shotcrete instead of gunite. I think the builders that said we needed it here were right, because of the fill used when building the canals. Also thinking that I have no idea when we get our first inspection, but I know the city inspector has to stop by before they start shooting tomorrow.

I was surprised that I hadn't noticed the lights until late yesterday. I had set a challenge to the PB to find us some white LED lights and it wasn't easy. Apparently the popular thing is to get these color-changing LED "disco" lights but that is not our style (nor in our budget) and Hayward (manufacturer of the rest of our equipment) doesn't make plain white LED lights, just halogen (hot and high-energy is also not our style). Turns out that Intellibrite makes one, so we got what we were looking for. The two lights are pretty obvious in the pictures. I'll need to go out and look for the one in the spa, because I just didn't notice it.

Talked to the PB about "Shimmering Sea" which is a sparkly additive to the PebbleTec and options for putting in a removable railing for stability when entering the pool at the stairs. Forgot to ask about the spa bench - why is there a cutout at the spillover? Would a bench there affect the spillover or circulation? Does nobody sit in front of the spillover? Or is it there to have a bit of deeper space in the water? Dunno. Will have to talk to him in the morning before the shoot.


FYI: The sound of that stupid de-watering pump running continuously is starting to make me bonkers after two days. I hope the pool equipment isn't as annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment